There are lots of rumours around some exciting technology coming in 2018. How much of it will actually materialise is another question, but here are some rumoured releases and developments from around the web for 2018…
- The number of Wi-Fi hotspots in the world will grow to 340 million, the equivalent of one Wi-Fi hotspot for every 20 people.
- Elon Musk’s Hyperloop train to open to public.
- Apple Smartphones may transition to OLEDs screens.
- Tesla plans to manufacture and sell 500,000 electric vehicles.
- Cell phone signals to become 1000x faster with pCell.
- The James Webb Space Telescope will be launched into orbit to discover liquid water on other planets.
- The first 3D printed car will be created.
- The cost of solar panels will reduce dramatically. Per watt it will equal 1.5 US dollars.
- Abu Dhabi’s “Saadiyat” and “Yas” Islands will be fully built
- Samsung rumoured to release a bendable phone.
- Three new iPhones rumoured for 2018.
- World sales of electric vehicles expected to reach 5,200,000.
The next big date to put in your diary for tech releases however is the CES show which runs in Las Vegas from 9th January to the 12th. Also keep checking our blog for the latest news.